Our container ships are deployed in 120 services connecting different regions of the world. Our in-house developed Network Operations systems support our business in monitoring all operational aspects of this service network and in making the best decisions in case of operational issues, e.g. port congestions, delays due to bad weather conditions, etc.
The main part of the IT system is developed in JEE with Maven, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Sonarqube. For data analytics we are using Python and specialized Java libraries. Our system and models are running on-prem and partially in the AWS cloud.
We are using linear optimization and prediction models as integral part of the system and want to extend the usage to more operational use cases – driven by our company goal to be the “number one for quality”.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- You join our team developing the “Network Operations & Analytics” product using agile software development methods
- You analyze complex business processes and develop creative solutions, in collaboration with your IT and business colleagues
- You support the development of a modern architectural setup
- You integrate 3rd party services into the product
- As part of the product team, you take over responsibility for the operation of your respective product and make sure it remains fully functional
Requirements and Qualifications:
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience with software development in Java EE or comparable (e.g. Spring) gained within the context of larger projects
- Good knowledge of data science methods (predictive and prescriptive modeling incl. (linear) optimization, machine learning incl. neural networks, etc.) and extensive experience working with large data sets
- Drive to constantly learn new things, to deep-dive into the business side of your application and to analyze complex processes and systems with great passion
- High personal standards for the quality of your code – including reasonable test coverage and documentation that is easy to understand
- Ease with working in an agile, professional environment where requirements change dynamically
- Good communication skills in English (verbally and written) and the desire to work in a diverse and international organization
German language expectations: We expect all international candidates to be willing to learn at least the basics of the German language in case they are accepted for the position. This will enable you to participate in social and community life in Germany and at our company premises in the best possible way.
Nice if you have:
- Understanding of and/ or experience in operational aspects of container shipping business
- Experience using IntelliJ, git, Maven, Jenkins
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Terraform
What we offer:
- Dynamic and modern working atmosphere in a newly renovated, modern office in the heart of Hamburg’s city center
- At least 28 days of vacation, flextime, capital-forming benefits, hybrid work model
- Subsidy for public transportation
- Bike leasing for all positions
- Restaurant and coffee bar
- Health and company sports programs (e.g., yoga, sailing, fitness courses, and much more)
- Corporate volunteering cooperation with purpozed
Save time with your application and send us only your CV for now. You can easily apply online by using our application tool.
We kindly ask recruiters and employment agencies to refrain from sending us unsolicited profiles and CVs of potential applicants for this or other positions advertised on our website.