We are expanding the “Software Engineering Methodology & Training” Team at our Hamburg site, which advises and supports our product development teams on issues relating to "software engineering” (process, methods and practices). Our small team accompanies the development processes of our internal and external product development teams, conducts training courses on various topics of "Software Engineering" and prepares external audits of our software development process.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Evolution and documentation of the software engineering process at Hapag-Lloyd through systematic analysis, evaluation and selection of suitable methods and practices as well as the provision of standards, templates and patterns.
- Active participation in the „Agile Transformation“
- Conception, preparation, if necessary execution and follow-up of trainings on the software engineering process and its application (methods, standards and tools) including the development of e-learning modules
- Methodical support and consulting of product development teams in the application of the software engineering process
- Preparation and support of external audits
- Support of the quality assurance of the application development from the methodical perspective
Requirements and Qualifications
- Completed studies in computer science or comparable
- Profound knowledge in software engineering methods and practices, especially with agile scaling approaches such as SAFe, LeSS, DAD etc.
- Knowledge of Requirements Engineering and Domain Driven Design
- Experience in coaching to transfer practices into the daily work of development teams and bring them to life
- Pleasure in conceptual work and distinct abstraction ability
- Analytical skills and a high level of competence in dealing with language
- Didactic skills
- Presentation skills and some sales talent
- Self-confident and comfortable interacting with Executive Level Leaders
- Willingness to travel internationally from time to time
- Fluent in German and as an internationally active company, we require a good command of written and spoken English
German language expectations: We expect all international candidates to be willing to learn at least the basics of the German language in case they are accepted for the position. This will enable you to participate in social and community life in Germany and at our company premises in the best possible way.
Nice if you have:
- Certified SAFe SPC and / or RTE or similar is an advantage
- Knowledge of Software Architecture
- Basic programming skills (e.g. Java)
- Experience in the support of audits, such as ISO 27001
- Understanding of container shipping business is an advantage
What we offer:
- Dynamic and modern working atmosphere in a newly renovated, modern office in the heart of Hamburg’s city center
- At least 28 days of vacation, flextime, capital-forming benefits, hybrid work model
- Subsidy for public transportation
- Bike leasing for all positions
- Restaurant and coffee bar
- Health and company sports programs (e.g., yoga, sailing, fitness courses, and much more)
- Corporate volunteering cooperation with purpozed
Save time with your application and send us only your CV for now. You can easily apply online by using our application tool.
We kindly ask recruiters and employment agencies to refrain from sending us unsolicited profiles and CVs of potential applicants for this or other positions advertised on our website.