Hapag-Lloyd is one of the biggest carriers in the international container shipping market and manages a fleet of 240 modern vessels and a 2.8 million TEU container capacity with 13,000+ employees worldwide. Today the journey of our containers is fully managed by web applications used by our customers worldwide. We have internal teams that design and develop our digital solutions.
About the Knowledge Center:
The Knowledge Center, located in Gdańsk, is a hub for innovation and develop state-of-the-art business and technology solutions to help us navigate the future. And we want to do that together with you.
Team and Project overview:
The UX Team at Hapag-Lloyd is a part of the IT department. We are a team of 17 UX Designers and UX Researchers working together in 2 areas: Internal Enterprise Solutions and Web & Mobile Applications. You will join the Web & Mobile area and work with nine other UX Team members on 20 web applications. We are from Poland, Brazil, Ukraine and Germany, located in Gdansk and Hamburg.
- Co-create holistic UX research processes, frameworks, UX research repository for the internal products research
- Conduct exploratory user research, concept validation and usability testing
- You will work on UX – research with our employees who are the main users of the solution and DX – research with engineers responsible for the solution development.
- Advocate UX research in our product teams and support their design decision-making processes with your discoveries
- Review, analyze and transform data into actionable insights to improve the experience of our users
- Conduct workshops focused on UX Research planning and UX Research education
- Collaborate with UX Analyst on quantitative research projects
- 2 + years of experience as a UX Researcher or in a similar role
- Comprehensive understanding of user-centered design practices and principles
- Experience in qualitative research methods, e.g., user interviews, contextual inquiry, surveys, usability testing
- Experience conducting research at various stages of product development
- Ability to present your working results to various stakeholders
- Curiosity and drive to continually improve our UX research processes
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in an international and multicultural organization
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in UX Research for enterprise software
- Experience in quantitative research
- Polish and German language skills are welcome, but not required (we speak English at work)
Key tools we use at work:
Figma, FigJam, Frontify, Usabilla, Google Analytics, Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, Useberry, and more.
- Ownership – you are an expert fully responsible for your projects and partner with our Scrum Teams and Business Stakeholders.
- UX Design challenges in a complex international cross-cultural domain
- International career opportunities and worldwide networking
- Focus on your development – we will support you in your professional growth by close collaboration with the UX Team Lead on your development goals, annual learning budget, team workshops, conferences, mentoring sessions, freedom to experiment with new methods and techniques, and much more.
- Private medical care (Luxmed)
- Gym card (Multisport)
- Attractive annual bonus up to 22,5%! (depending on company performance results)
- Group life insurance and employee capital plan (PPK)
- Cafeteria benefit system (cinema tickets, vouchers etc.)
- Focus on healthy lifestyle (fruit days, bike competitions, football trainings)
- Charity and volunteer initiatives
- Modern and well-connected office (Alchemia complex in Gdansk Oliwa)
- Relocation support (financial support, covering immigration process for non-Polish citizens)
- Internal learning management system
- Development budget (sharing the costs of certifications and conferences/ IT events)
- Flexible working hours and home office possibility (hybrid work model)